At the HTB we take your privacy seriously. You can rest assured that we’ll protect and respect your personal information and privacy. Our commitment to you is to collect only the information we need to conduct your business and to adhere to industry best practices in handling and protecting your personal information.
Personal information collected
Personal information is information that relates specifically to you. We may require the following information:
- Name, address, telephone and fax numbers, along with e-mail address
- Age, gender, marital and family status
- Identification numbers
- Insurance claims history
- Driver records
- Education and employment history
- Financial or property information
- Physical- or mental-health information, including prior health and treatment history
Protecting your privacy
The HTB will protect your personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. To provide further protection, we’ll:
- Obtain appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your
- Retain personal information only as long as necessary
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for anything other than the identified purposes, except where required by law
- Strive to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information
- Respond to any request from you to access or correct your personal information
Using your personal information
The HTB may need to collect your personal information to:
- Verify your identity
- Confirm your information
- Establish and maintain a relationship with you and respond to your inquiries
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
To meet the purposes just listed, we may need to obtain or share your information, but will do so only when a legitimate business purpose exists.
Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
We may obtain your consent:
- In writing, such as a signed application or consent form
- In person or over the telephone
- Through your authorized representative
Some legal exceptions exist. Please be assured that the HTB will follow best practices and will collect, use or share your information only as required to do so for legitimate business purposes or for legal reasons.
It’s your information
It’s your right to refuse permission to obtain, use or disclose your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you chose to exercise these rights, we’ll continue to make every effort to provide you with quality services.
To ensure that the HTB has accurate information, please notify us when there are changes to your personal information.
If you want to:
- Access your personal information or have your information corrected
- Change your consent with respect to how we collect, use or disclose your personal information
- File a complaint about our privacy policies or the manner in which we’ve handled your personal information
- Inquire about any other privacy questions or concerns
Chief Privacy and Access Officer
1510 - 1855 Victoria Avenue
Regina, Sask. S4P 3T2
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of an inquiry or complaint handled by SGI’s Chief Privacy Officer, you may address your concerns to:
Office of the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
503 – 1801 Hamilton St.
Regina, Sask. S4P 4B4
Toll-free within Saskatchewan: 1-877-748-2298